Android 4.4 (March 2023)
OsmAnd produces multiple Ready-To-Use builds every day, allowing you to track new features and participate in the OsmAnd contributions (translation process).
You can participate in testing the OsmAnd beta build through Google Play.
- Improved the "Tracks" menu in "Configure Map".
- Context menu now displays localized names for POI.
- Added the option to share route by link.
- A new fixed mode was added to the Map orientation.
- Added "Display position" menu.
- Simplified start screen.
- Added "Speed/Slope" graph for track analysis.
- Added "Nautical miles/feet" unit of length.
- The App language selection was moved to the system settings on Android 13.
- Downloading online tiles used as "Overlay" or "Underlay" maps.
- Imperial measurement units for "Vehicle parameters".
- Moped profile.
- Simulate location redesign.
- Bugs fixs:
- Fixed bugs with Android Auto.
- Fixed issues with displaying Vegan places.
- Fixed map gestures.
- Fixed Australian roads shields.
The "Tracks" menu has a new design and a simpler UX. It's easy to choose the needed track to display it on the map, change appearance (⋮ more than one track) or import (⋮):
OsmAnd menu → Configure map → Tracks
Localized POI names
Added localized POI names for Map context menu. Tap the POI name to open the full list of names.
You can generate and send a link after creating a route in OsmAnd app.
Navigation context menu → Details → Share button
Route link for example: https://osmand.net/map?start=50.212845%2C19.831682&end=50.141838%2C19.883652&mode=pedestrian#10/49.816523/19.846590
Added a new fixed mode for Map orientation:
- Manually rotated (fixed).
Added the new settings for "Display position":
Menu → Configure profile → General settings→ Display position
You can choose three options to display your location on the screen map here:
- Center: use the center position of the screen for the cursor ("My location").
- Bottom: use the bottom screen position for the cursor ("My location").
- Automatic: at the bottom for the direction of movement, in the center for everyone else.
Simplified Start screen
We changed the structure of the Start screen. It is now available to open OsmAnd Cloud.
Added Slope/Speed mode for Analyze track on the map.
Nautical miles and feet
Added "Nautical miles/feet" for Units & formats.
App language for Android 13
Added support for OsmAnd language preferences (Android 13):
App info (OsmAnd) → App languages
Downloand Overlay/Underlay maps
Added possibility to download online tiles used as "Overlay" or "Underlay" maps:
Map Context menu → Actions → Download map
Download/update tiles menu will be opened.
Added support of imperial measurement units for "Vehicle parameters".
Open Menu → Settings → Profile → General settings → Driving region → USA
Now, you can choose inches for Vehicle parameters: Menu → Settings → Profile → General settings → Navigation settings → Vehicle parameters
Added new profile - Moped. It use a "moped" routing profile, have a bicycle as a parent, and be disabled by default.
Redesign Simulate location
We redesigned "Simulate your position" by adding a new screen with settings.
- The issue: "Movement direction map orientation is flipped and jiggles".
- The split-screen issue.
- Fixed crash with GPX selection.
- The issue with the Navigation info panel.
- Added support Android Auto map mode: Day, Night, Automatic.
Vegan places POIs
Fixed the issue: "Most vegan places don't show".
Fixed map gestures for tilt, zoom and rotation:
Australian roads shields
Fixed Australian roads shields.